Monday, October 22, 2007

Delayed Part II (Leaving)

Written from the plane 10.18.2007 (8:04 pm CST)

After getting to the airport I found myself almost in a daze. Here it was, its really happening. I’m leaving my comfort zone big time. I’m venturing off into the unknown with nothing but some clothing and a guitar. I can’t help but feel overwhelmed by m situation. I’m really doing it…I’m really going to make this happen.

I’m sitting on the plane bound for Israel. The little screens on the plane tell me where somewhere over the South of France. We’re into our third movie of the voyage and I’m not interested in this one. Sorry Jack Black but Nacho Libre…I’ll pass.

Before they made me close the shutter on my window I snapped one shot of the horizon over the Atlantic Ocean. It was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen in a long time. I can only think of a song written by a good friend of mine Danny Nichols.

As I watch the sun start to rise

From my seat 5 miles in the sky

I’m starring into a brand new day

For you its already fading away

Dan wrote that song on his way to Israel, probably on a flight similar to the one I’m on now. Some songwriters are able to truly write amazing songs that speak to people. No where is the truer than in Dan’s song “My Heart is in the East.” I first heard the song before I had ever been to Israel. Now I’m about to live there for at least two years. I almost can’t contain my excitement.

My heart truly is in the east…and soon so will the rest of me.

L’hitraot family and friends…next post in Israel!

1 comment:

Phyllis Sommer said...

i'm so glad you're on the way:-)

There was an error in this gadget