Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Delayed Part I

Written 10.15.2007 and completed 10.16.2007

I’m not blogging this in the normal way because I don’t seem to have a wifi connection right now. Its not a big deal, I’ll just post this later when I do find some internet.

Here I am in New York City. I’m staying with my cousin David he lives in a gorgeous apartment right off the Hudson river. Because David is at work till late tonight so I’m pretty much on my own in the City. I decided to go out for a walk and see a bit of the city. I wandered aimlessly around lower Manhattan and ended up at the South Street Seaport. I’ve been there once before, but it was during the summer before junior year of high school. It was fun to relive those memories for a little while. As I walked past the shops I vividly remembered all of my friends from Kutz camp. As I write this I wonder what they would think of me now. We were all young and seemingly on top of the world then. After all, most of us were on regional board in NFTY and having the summer of our lives. Anyway I have digressed…

After wandering aimlessly through the streets of New York City, I returned to David’s apartment where I promptly fell asleep. Long flight, not enough sleep, and a host of other factors caused my need for sleep. When I awoke I was hungry and I wandered my way back to a pub I had passed earlier in the day. There I had what were my last two beers on American soil. I also watched my last NHL hockey game. I met a few New Jersey Devils fans. Nice folks, but not to happy with me having no opinion about the game at hand. Devils vs Penguins wasn’t exactly one where I cared the outcome. “Pick a side,” they yelled at me over the din of drunken businessmen in suits. I was just there to watch the game for its own sake. Meh, no one likes the Devils anyway.

After finding my way back to David’s place, he returned from his meeting. We stayed up chatting about life. We managed to cover almost every topic that seemed important to us: Family, business, friends, love, New York, divorce, and his awesome son Jack. By the time we knew it midnight approached and we decided to go to sleep. In the morning David and I walked Jack to his preschool. While I would have loved to spend more time with both of them, Israel beckons me. I hopped a cab for JFK airport shortly after David left for work.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget