Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Leaving

Today is the day...

In about a half hour I will begin my long journey. The first stop on this trip into the unknown is actually a place I know quite well. Today my parents and I will spend the day in Highwood Illinois where my sister Phyllis lives. There I will get to say goodbye to my baby nice Yael (9 months old) and her two brothers Samuel (almost 2) and David (almost 6). I will also have to say goodbye to Jessica my girlfriend of almost a year. Needless to say today will probably be another day full of emotion. Who will it be most difficult to say goodbye to? I have no idea at this point, but I do know a few things. First, my niece Yael will be talking, walking, and so many other things. Samuel will be 4 and David will be 8. A lot will change in their lives while I'm off exploring the world. I will not only miss them, but also miss those events that will shape them. Who knows, maybe there will even be another kid crawling around my sister's house when I return. (Not that I know anything that you all don't.) It will be tough to say goodbye to Jessica. She and I have been practically attached at the hip for the last six months. I don't quite know how I'm going to stay in touch with everyone, but staying in touch with her will be more of a challenge because of how often we talk now. Its going to be difficult to say goodbye, that's pretty much the only thing I can say at this point.

My mom tells me its time to pack the car. I'll have my camera in a few hours so my words will no longer be the only thing to look at on this page.

1 comment:

Phyllis Sommer said...

happy and sad that you're going.

and btw, yael is only 8 months old.

There was an error in this gadget