Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Here We Go

Today I was finally placed on a Kibbutz for volunteering. It took some string pulling but I'm finally on my way. I will be on Kibbutz Ein Hashofet (עין השופט) until December 16th. The Kibbutz is located about 30 minutes south east of Haifa. They are known for their manufacturing of electronics but also have a significant amount of agriculture. I'm very excited to get my grand adventure past the waiting step.

Over the last few days I've been staying with my friend Gali and she has mostly been at work during the days. This has given me time to wander around Tel-Aviv and get a feel for the city myself. Its been fun but boring at the same time. I've spent a lot of time at the beautiful beach and in and around Rabin Square (כיכר רבין.) Tel-Aviv is a gorgeous city with lots of interesting things going on. While its not tourist season here there are still plenty to be found at the beach.

On another note, I met up with a somewhat long lost friends from my NFTY days. Last night we hung out for awhile and talked about old times. Its a small Jewish world and it only gets smaller here in Israel.

Tomorrow onto the Kibbutz and the next phase of this adventure. More pictures will be posted as soon as there's some time away from work on the Kibbutz. L'hitraot.

4 comments:

Phyllis Sommer said...

sounds like you're having the grand adventure already...you *are* on the way!!!! enjoy and i can't wait to see pictures of kibbutz life...nice talking to you today!

Phyllis Sommer said...

*and* your girlfriend is a dork. okay just kidding.

Phyllis Sommer said...

oh, btw, she is sitting next to me now. did you not guess that?

Phyllis Sommer said...

it's really cool to get comments on your blog. now you have a bunch! lucky you:-)

There was an error in this gadget