Friday, January 4, 2008

Another Week

So its been another week of Ulpan and I thought I'd update you all on the happenings around the Kibbutz.

Class is going quite well. We're going over verb forms...which is review for me, but its great to review. Every class I learn new words and read more and more fluently. I've been reading the back page of the new immigrant newspaper. Its the easy page with only abbreviated articles, but its very cool that I'm reading the news in Hebrew.

As for speaking...I've managed to put myself into the only job where English is absolutely not spoken. So every day in the kitchen I get barked at in Hebrew and I'm starting to bark back. Not really interesting work, but at least its work I know and easy to do.

Not much else has happened this week...New Years was the highlight. There is a party in the Kibbutz tonight for Sylvester. It should be a fun time.

Shabbat Shalom!

2 comments:

Phyllis Sommer said...

review is good. good for you reading the newspaper!!!!! i'm glad you get to cook in hebrew. camp is cold. love ya!

John Sklar said...

I consider reading the newspaper the ultimate, you are almost there.

There was an error in this gadget