Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sounds Like an Exciting Weekend

So this weekend will be an exciting one. There's so much going on...

Thursday Morning:

Thursday morning I will be waking up at 5:30 Am in order to be at the bus stop by 6Am. The whole Ulpan will be there because we are going on a TRIP! This one is not to the Negev or to Tel-Aviv for some lame seminar. This time we're heading to Jerusalem and most of us won't be back home until 10pm Thursday night. The longest and best trip of the Ulpan so far. We're told that there will be a surprise side trip along the way. I'm honestly not sure where we might stop on the 2.5 hour trip, but I'm sure it'll be fun. Inside Jerusalem we'll be on the normal tour, but this time it will be in Hebrew. I'm excited.

Thursday Night:

Thursday night I'll be staying in Jerusalem with some friends from HUC. I'm not quite sure what will be going on. I'm sure it'll be a good time. Why am I sticking around Thursday? Its because on Friday I'm heading on a Reform Movement Shabbaton. HUC has put together the weekend and there will be a few students there too. Its going to be held at Kibbutz Yahel, which is actually south of my Kibbutz. There is a free bus, included in the ₪50 fee for the weekend, from Jerusalem and it seems easier to get on it. Getting home will be a bit of a strange journey, but it'll be ok. It'll probably involve a bus to Ashkelon before I get to Be'er Sheva.

The weekend is titled: "Desert Spirituality: Stars, Sand and Sun." Sounds like it should be a pretty interesting experience. Hope to bring back some good pictures and stories!

2 comments:

Phyllis Sommer said...

sounds like fun:-) look forward to hearing about it!

John Sklar said...

Sounds like a great adventure. I can't wait to hear where you go.

Have fun, be safe.

Love ya.

There was an error in this gadget