Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lag B'Omer

So tonight begins one of my favorite holidays: Lag B'Omer! If you're counting the Omer, you can check to see what day it is on my blog or my sister's blog. (Our Dad wrote the code for her counter.) Lag B'Omer is the middle day of the counting of the Omer. It's a special day during the counting because you are allowed to do many of the things normally forbidden during the Omer. You can:

Get Married (One day only!)
Listen to Music (Some of my favorite bands just came out with new CDs!)
Shave your beard (Maybe you don't want to if you're still growing your Hockey Playoff Beard.)

In Israel Lag B'Omer is a day of picnics and huge bonfires. I'm a little sad to be missing it, but I'm pretty sure I'll get to experience it next year. Tonight I'm going to be shaving my beard and cutting my hair...look for some before and after pictures both here and at my sister's blog!

Happy Lag B'Omer!

1 comment:

Phyllis Sommer said...

we can have a picnic in chi-town...no bonfire at my house, tho. maybe just grill out...

can't wait to see the hair:-)

There was an error in this gadget